What does a great Software Development Engineering, Staff do?
Fiserv is seeking a talented software engineer to join our Bank Solutions division. This position requires involvement in regular new product developments as well as adaption activities on existing software.
As a Software Developer, you will work together with product management, marketing, designers, technology, and architecture teams; working in an iterative/Agile environment. You provide technical leadership for solving complex programming tasks. You are responsible for the usage of technologies across the existing client products. You will also design and maintain coding standards to enhance application development and maintenance. Assist team to explain functional requirements and review test cases.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience developing in software languages such as Java, C, C#, VB .net, or COBOL in a professional work setting
- Good understanding of software development and ability to analyze solutions and design
- Quick learner, eager to use new technologies in a team with varied strengths environment
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Previous experience in I-series AS400 development
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions
- Experience with Automation, Unit Testing and Powershell
- Experience with Agile Methodology frameworks and associated tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Disciplined approach to development including quality, testing, and documentation
- Influence, challenge, and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements
- Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
- Analytical skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships
- Personally motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-educate, and mentor other team members
Who We Are: Bank Solutions is a division of Fiserv where we support and deliver award-winning banking solutions. Whether a Financial Institution wants an out of the box internet banking solution or one that can be customized to be integrated with third party applications, we have solutions. Our Banking solutions have received industry recognition and awards, as well as top rankings from leading analyst firms. The awards recognize not only how easy our solutions are to use, but also how they build enhanced revenue opportunities for Financial Institutions
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest research to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we help clients access and act on data to create better outcomes.
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision, Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals, loans, customer information management, and general ledger and accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer service and streamline their back-office operations.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.