At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse companies in our industry. Today, our more than 74,000 employees around the world provide a broad range of technical services to our industrial, commercial and government clients in multiple industries.
The Jacobs Software Engineering Center (JSEC) is the companys premier custom software development organization. Our software applications are in use around the world and are critical systems in aeronautical navigation, airdrop planning, and aircraft mission planning & execution. With the latest development methodologies and tool sets, JSEC engineers have a broad range of responsibilities. We develop the software requirements, design the architecture, write the code, integrate and test the code, manage the software configuration, and upgrade the applications.
We are looking for a Software Engineer 1 to support the JSEC program in Hudson, NH or Fort Walton Beach, FL. Also, this position may be a telecommuting position.
Work Scope (Duties & Responsibilities):
– Assists in the development of requirements related documentation (such as the RTM, SRS, etc).
– Creates and maintains applicable Software Design Plans, Software Development Plans, Unit Test Plans, Test Scripts with Test Data, for each appropriate application.
– Performs technical tasks to include requirements, design, code and unit test activities. Applies advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts in related technical disciplines or in a specialty.
– Supports resolution of technical issues as they arise.
– In addition to software engineering activities, provides support for the preparation (including briefings, metrics and status reports) and attendance of technical and managerial meetings and reviews as well as any other travel activities specified by the program .
– Completion of employee performance appraisals and employee counselings, if assigned the responsibilities of employee supervision.
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
– Knowledge of, and skill in applying basic software engineering principles and practices sufficient to perform highly structured, entry-level work, designed to develop broader and more in-depth knowledge and skill needed to perform higher-level assignments; communicate factual and procedural information clearly, orally and in writing; and gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions.
– A working knowledge of computer programming with direct experience using Visual Studio 2005/08/10, C , C#/..NET Framework, MFC, COM/dCOM, JAVA, ASP Script, WebService, SQL Server, WPF, Win-Forms, MS Access, HTML, and/or multiprocessor software applications and distributed computer networks.
– Use of computer systems with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
– Employee must also provide programming support for nonstandard and proprietary hardware and software systems
Training & Certifications:
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
– Works independently
– Supervisor instructs the employee on the purpose of the assignment and its scope, limitations, expected deadlines, and priorities.
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
– Work involves: carrying out tasks requiring application of specific standards, methods, and procedures; and a complete segment of an assignment or project of broader scope.
– Work affects the overall accuracy, reliability, acceptability, and timeliness of the final work products or services developed or delivered by higher-level co-workers.
– Work consists of various duties that involve applying a series of different and unrelated processes and methods.
– The employee decides what needs to be done based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignment; and selects appropriate courses of action from many acceptable alternatives.
– The employee identifies and analyzes important factors and conditions in order to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships among different IT functions and activities.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meeting and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data products, notebooks and laptops.
Work Environment: Cubical environment in a restricted work area.
Criticality of Attendance: Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6 am and 6 pm. With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Equipment and Machines: Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance.
Must pass drug testing.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our four Core Values: PEOPLE are the heart of our business, CLIENTS are our valued partners, PERFORMANCE excellence is our commitment and profitable GROWTH is an imperative. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: *******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
CH2M & Jacobs Contact Info
– Hudson, NH 03051
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.