Job Description – Ball Corporation
Software Engineer 1 – (******)
OH – Dayton (Fairborn)
Return to Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe–from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer I
What you’ll do:
– Participate in eliciting requirements from our government customer
– Designing software solutions to meet our customer’s needs
– Implement and maintain software solutions to achieve high levels of reliability in attaining and surpassing the customer’s needs
– Interface with users requesting help or information related to our open source Scale repository on GitHub
– Work in a fast-paced environment, with shifting requirements and priorities
– Be able to provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the team as well as the customer
– Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members
– May work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
– Maintain and update required records and reports
– Present and resolve any technical program difficulties or discrepancies with the team, customers, and subcontractors in a timely manner
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary
– Current knowledge of industry standard software engineering practices, including agile methodologies, unit testing, code generation, and software configuration management methodologies is required
What you’ll need:
– BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience
– Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or applied mathematics preferred
– Demonstrated software development knowledge and/or experience (e.g. full or part-time software work experience, internships, co-ops, or self-initiated projects)
– Demonstrate knowledge or experience with the following one or more of the following: Python, Django, Docker, Scale, and Amazon Web Services (AWS), GeoServer, PostgreSQL, Git/GitHub, and/or DC/OS
– Ability to work in accordance with coding and documentation standards
– Ability to execute coding & programing in Microsoft or Linux
– Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
– Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
– May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
– May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Return to Page
– Candidate Experience
Default Local Node:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.