Nanthealth Inc. is looking for a Java developer to work on a multitude of projects delivering exciting new working solutions in an Agile environment and alongside talented team members. The right candidate must be creative and work well in a team environment. The Software Engineer reports to the Director, Product Development and is responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of healthcare software systems by applying the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. The Software Engineer consults with Solution Managers, Architects, other team members, and medical device manufacturers to ensure functional and non-functional operational requirements of the deliverable and overall system are being met. In addition, this individual is also responsible for assisting cross functional organizations such as Quality Assurance Engineers, Project Engineers, Implementation Teams, Sales and Support. The Basics
– Translate requirements into detailed design and into executable software
– Create unit tests to ensure software aligns with specifications
– Debug and refine software based on test results
– Develop, maintain, oversee applications software, continuous integration platform, and utility programs
– Partake in team code reviews
– Participate in Scrum-based meetings, including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, planning sessions, grooming and sizing sessions
– Update User Stories, including completed tasks, timelines and completion criteria
– Continuous Improvement – Communicate recommendations identified throughout the development cycle
– Special projects and other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned
– Compliance with company and departmental policies and processes
– Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectivelyWhat You Bring
– Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field,) or equivalent
– 2+ years of applicable software engineering experience.
– 2+ years developing applications using Java,
– 1+ years developing applications using Spring/REST/XML/JSON
– 2+ years of experience with Windows or Linux
– Knowledge and application of Design Patterns
– Agile Development Methodology (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
– IDE (i.e. Eclipse, IntelliJ)
– Build tools: (i.e. Maven, Gradle)
– Continues Integration tools: (i.e. Jenkins, Travis CI, Gitlab CI)
– Aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
– Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Transactional databasesWhat We Bring
– Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, and a 401k with company matching so you can continue planning for robust financial wellness.
– Employee discounts on things like, mobile products and services, gym memberships, and a variety of additional entertainment options.
– Work Life Balance. We get that we all live busy lives, to the degree your role allows, we recognize the need and value of balance and seek to support our employees’ engagement in the pursuit of it. NantHealth, Inc. is a next-generation, evidence-based, personalized healthcare company enabling improved patient outcomes and more effective treatment decisions for critical illnesses. NantHealth’s unique systems-based approach to personalized healthcare integrates novel diagnostics with large-scale, biometric and phenotypic data to track patient outcomes and deliver precision medicine. Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at NantHealth. NantHealth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.