At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible for helping FLIR develop user-friendly applications to run on handheld and stationary radiation detectors.
In addition, responsible for developing web-based and native applications to run on phones, tablets, and computers that can connect and interface with FLIRs handheld and stationary radiation detection instruments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
– Responsible for designing, maintaining, and adding features to C# .NET applications running on handheld radiation detectors.
– Responsible for designing, maintaining, and adding features to web applications that are served via USB RNDIS from FLIRs handheld devices.
– Responsible for designing, maintaining, and adding features to mobile applications for iOS and Android to communicate via Bluetooth with FLIRs handheld devices.
– Responsible for providing technical assistance to customers when required.
– Bachelors or Masters in EECS or similar field.
– 5+ years experience developing desktop, web, and mobile applications with C#, Java, and HTML.
– Proficient in C# .NET & XAML for designing graphical applications.
– Experience with C# Compact Framework and Windows CE is a plus.
– Able to understand custom XML Schema definitions.
– Familiar with MVC & MVVM design patterns.
– Experience with implementing and utilizing REST web APIs.
– DevOps experience
– Experience working with Git repositories for version control.
– Experience setting up and configuring Continuous Integration (CI) builds with TeamCity.
– Experience with bug/issue trackers like JIRA.
– Experience with the following Bluetooth protocols: LE, SPP, DUN, & PAN.
– Able to understand and debug C & C++ code.
– Linux development
– System level experience with Linux, involving kernel or device driver development
– Experience with Linux Mono development a plus.
– Familiarity with the Yocto Project build process a plus
– Web development
– Experience with JS libraries like Angular and JQuery is a plus.
– Able to develop web applications that are largely client-side, reducing the load of FLIRs handhelds.
– Experience working with and designing custom web components like Googles Polymer.
– Knowledge of Java & GWT is a plus.
– Experience with Node.js, NPM, Bower, Webpack, and Gulp is a plus.
– US Citizenship required
Other Preferred Qualifications:
– Working knowledge of basic gamma and neutron radiation detection and spectroscopy.
– Physics background in either education or work experience.
– Experience with iOS and Android development
– Xamarin Forms
– Java/Kotlin and/or ObjectiveC/Swift
– Understanding of App Store deployment process
– ARM based Processors
– 10% Travel
– Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell, or Bash
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.