Job Locations US-CO-Denver
Requisition ID 2018-9623
Category Engineering & Technology
We’re hiring world-class software engineers to scale our infrastructure with daunting growth rates. We are literally working to change the world by revolutionizing the way people use energy.
Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers use energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity’s biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. You’ll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
As a Software Engineer – DevOps, you’ll help lead technical direction for all customer facing application at Sunrun and will also lead the way in transforming large portions of our stack to Serverless.
* Own Sunrun’s mission-critical software delivery infrastructure, including Jenkins and custom CD pipelines written in Groovy
* Support developers in infrastructure-centric technology like Terraform, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, etc.
* Develop and rollout productivity enhancers like sam-local, localstack, and build/deploy time optimizations.
* Participate in on-call, Tier 2 production schedule. (We ship 9-to-6 on weekdays and consciously minimize work impact on nights and weekends.)
Required Technical Skills
* 2-5 years of writing mission-critical, production-grade software
* Strong knowledge of Git including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
* Impeccable communication and team skills with shared ownership of code and other deliverables.
* Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (Terraform, DataProc, BigQuery) OR with AWS Platform (CloudFormation, ECS, Lambdas). GCP experience preferred.
* Strong commitment to learning and proven aptitude for implementing new technologies.
* Production-grade mindset: infrastructure as code, security, maintainability, availability
* Experience maintaining and troubleshooting distributed production systems
* Experience in automated delivery systems (Jenkins2 and Groovy pipelines preferred)
Bonus Technical Skills
* Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
* Experience with npm, yarn and/or maven
* Customer-service mindset
* Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math is preferred.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.