Requisition Number: RJ-14209
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Rejuvenation, Portland, OR
Rejuvenation is built on a passionate love affair with history, architecture, and bringing back the best lighting and house parts ever made. We obsess over the details of period authenticity and great design like no one else.
At Rejuvenation, the Williams-Sonoma E-Commerce Engineering organization is seeking an energetic and talented software engineer to help deliver high value, high quality features to our industry leading eCommerce sites. At Williams-Sonoma we build 6 of the retail industries leading websites — Williams-Sonoma, west elm, Mark and Graham and the Pottery Barn family. Engineers working at WSI get to work full-stack, extending our beautiful front-end user experience all the way through to enterprise services that support personalization, order management and other server-side features.
As a Software Engineer in the E-commerce organization you’ll join a Scrum team building features and automated tests of those features. You’ll work closely with senior engineers and Product Managers to understand user stories and assist in programming the features. Through programming and code reviews you’ll be able to expand your skills and grow as an engineer.
* Assist senior engineers and product managers in designing new features
* Write code in pursuit of those features that is of high quality and consistent with our coding standards
* Write automated tests of new features to ensure they are of very high quality
* Participate in Communities-of-Practice in those technologies in which you have an interest
* Participate in continuous education programs to grow your skills both technically and in the Williams-Sonoma business domain
* Serve as a member of a Scrum team and participate in all planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings
* The candidate will require to support system as and when it is needed
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* An understanding of source code management and other core programming practices
* Enthusiasm for constant improvement as a Software Engineer
* Ability to review and understand proposed designs and offer thoughtful feedback in a collegial fashion
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* Expertise in middleware
* Experience with relational (MySQL, MariaDB) queries, stored procedures and scripts
* Knowledge of one or more non-relational NoSQL databases (Cassandra, S3, Redis)
* Implementing, integrating, and providing support for Middleware software in multi-tiered, multi-platform environment
* Ability and desire to learn and apply new technologies including Java
* Familiar with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus!
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces.
We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and dcor industry.
Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Web Design, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Creative
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.