Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer to provide Software Development and Software Sustainment Support of the Department of Army’s (DA’s) Army Counterintelligence Operations Portal (ACOP), Counterintelligence Threat Management (CITM), and NATO Counterintelligence Reporting Portal (NCIRP) in Alexandria, VA. The selected candidate will have the option to telework
- Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Perform quality control on team products.
- Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interface
- Coordinates software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
- Develop, integrates, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications.
- DoD 85701.01-M IAT, Level II certification and compliance upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study.
- 10+ years’ demonstrated experience in design, development, fielding, and sustainment of Java based web applications. Java Web application design and development experience.
- Experience maintaining legacy codebase while recommending upgrades for existing software and hardware
- Experience in maintaining hardware and/or experience as Systems Administrator; for an understanding of the physical hardware demands and architecture
- Experience in Systems Integration; not only with hardware and software, but across a multi-tiered architecture.
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, CONOPS, and other technical documents.
- Experience in multi-tiered architectures; (Web, API, database tiers); Windows and Unix systems; IIS Web servers; Multi-component, multi-tiered Systems integration; Understanding of load balancers; Understanding of networking with multi-tiered architectures.
- Experience in standing up and maintaining web-form based UI designs
- Experience in standing and utilizing REST service (or similar) APIs
- Experience with communicating/transmitting data to/from backend database (in this case, PostgreSQL)
- Candidate must have US citizenship
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
- Cloud Migration Experience
- Cloud Development Experience
- Experience with cloud-designs (including dynamic server allocation, archiving, failovers, etc.), virtualization environments, “infrastructure as code”, and associated development processes for each.
- Experience with SecDevOps or DevSecOps.
- Atlassian toolset (confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
Pay Range $94,250.00 – $145,000.00 – $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.