Translates and develops requirements into workable software solutions. Maintains and develops programs for use in business and IT automation. Incorporates various accepted methodologies to design software and applications at a moderate risk level to project or release. May perform duties in one or more of the following disciplines: Open Systems Mainframe Application Configuration
* There are 2 open positions
* This specific role is for a Mainframe Software developer with skills in Cobol, JCL, and TSO.
* Knowledge of DB2 Databases is preferred.
* May also consider a non-mainframe developer with skills in .NET and C++ technologies that would like to broaden into the Mainframe environment with an opportunity to work on multiple platforms.
* In addition to the general duties below, this role would include
* Developing requirements into software solutions
* Developing program logic
* Contributing to software design documents
* Contrinuting to software releases with code/unit tests
* Maintaining stability of platforms/applications
* Assisting in the development of formal test plans and application support
Duties and Responsibilities
* Accurately delivers code, configuration changes and enhancements.
* Develops program logic for new, moderately complex applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
* Contributes to design documents.
* Contributes to releases with high quality code and unit tests within predictable timeframes. Implements and verifies a complete unit test. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications. Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components.
* Maintains stability of platforms, applications, services and systems.
* Effectively communicates with customers, team members or other stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
* Shares knowledge of systems and may mentor or train others.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Coding And Converting
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Proofing Text And Numbers
Using Tables And Graphs
Minimum Educational Requirements and Experience Equivalencies:
– Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Business or related field, plus two years’ related experience; or
– Associate’s degree in technical field, plus four years’ related experience; or
– High school diploma plus six years’ related experience.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.