The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This role is primarily remote but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards using React to provide information to users and support staff.
- Develop Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Develop robotic process automation (RPA) bots.
- Deploy, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Collaborate with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Independently report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 2+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience with Kafka connector integrations, custom connector development and an understanding of core concepts and working experience with ksqlDB and Kafka Streams.
- Experience developing Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Report and Dashboard development experience with Kibana.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
Pay Range $63,050.00 – $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.