Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Seeking a Software Engineer(Front-End) to join a group responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of new customer-facing interactive web products with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
– This role will involve collaborating with other developers, designers, testers, operations engineers and product managers to develop features for our customer-facing web applications.
– The ideal candidate will be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
– Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
– Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
– Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
– Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
– Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
– Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
– Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
– Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Front-end development experience building accessible, cross-platform web sites and web applications.
– Should have a critical thinking and solution oriented mindset; has the ability to clearly think through a problem and explain how they solved it.
– Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and work well within a team and individually as well.
Additional Preferred Skills:
– Knowledge of NPM & Gulp
– Knowledge of source control systems (Git, Subversion)
– Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins/TeamCity)
– Knowledge of Web Performance best practices
– Agile development experience
– DevOps experience
– Bachelors Degree or equivalent-Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
– Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.