The incumbent in this position must be able to analyze, develop, integrate, run, and support various applications across multiple technologies and architectures involving various technologies including application servers, databases, and operating systems.
This position will be required to:
– Work with technical services’ professionals that include Operating System (O/S), Network Administration, Storage Management, and Database teams to help define and determine specifications for required computing resources; deploying new releases of complex applications, to ensure high availability of applications.
– Work with business users and technical designers to assist in efficient application designs that meet business unit requirements involving integrations of various ACS technical systems and platforms.
– Work with management, project managers and other lead developers to design and develop software.
– Lead and participate in troubleshooting and fixing major system problems in core applications.
– Understand relationships between applications within the Software Engineering Department portfolio.
– Provide strong leadership and mentoring for less senior personnel in the areas of design, implementation, and professional development.
– Where required, effectively delegate tasks to development teams of Software Engineering, providing guidance and proper knowledge transfer to ensure that the work is completed successfully.
– Be flexible to work during non-Business hours.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have experience with Java, Groovy, Python, SQL, shell scripting, and their respective practices.
– Develop software that meets both the functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
– Have experience with Java application server and web server technologies, and their integration with other systems including databases.
– Have a working knowledge of XML and related technologies in a Java environment.
– Have strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 5+ years with proven results in system development, implementation, and operations is required. Strong understanding of design patterns with a focus on tiered, large-scale systems.
ACS is a drug-free/smoke-free, equal opportunity employer. The ACS offers truly competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package; health, retirement, and transportation benefits are only some of those provided.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.