Discretionary Business Title
Mid-Level Software Engineer
CARY, NC – Cary, NC 27511 US
DULLES, VA – Dulles, VA 20166 US (Primary)
Ability to obtain a government security clearance
Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
LGS is seeking a Software Engineer who under direct supervision research, design and develop new software applications. This person will work with a broad range of technologies on a multi-disciplinary design team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Integrate software applications into a variety of existing customer platforms using open source tools and technologies
– and perform systems analysis, modeling and simulation of processing systems and demonstrate systems via simulated and/or real data input
– Perform functional analysis, performance analysis and synthesis of protocol implementations (including physical transmission convergence and higher layer) for Radio and Core Access Technologies
– Lead or participate in the design, development, integration, deployment and operational implementation of software products in all phases of the systems development lifecycle using modern programming languages and concepts.
– Conduct all-source intelligence research and evaluate technical and all-source intelligence.
– Conceptualize, define, design and prototype systems engineering solutions
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
– Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
– Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
– Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH & S policies and procedures
– Perform other duties as required
– If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
Skills and Knowledge:
– Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Experience with three or more of the following technologies:
– SOA, web services
– 3D graphics
– Image processing
– Advanced visualization
– Relational databases
– NoSQL databases
Minimum Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field and 2-10 years of experience or a combination of education and related experience.
– Four (4) years of experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Axios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs. To learn more, visit ************************. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave. For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at ************************************** Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled ******************** E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.