Careers and Culture – Polaris Alpha -Software Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Req # 2566
Position Type Full Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Category Engineering – Software Engineer
Security Clearance Eligible
Location Denver, CO
More information about this job
In addition to competitive compensation, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
– Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
– Life and AD & D coverage at 3x annual salary
– 401k plan, 4% non-elective contributions for all eligible employees – 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
– 3+ weeks of PTO and 10 Paid Holidays observed
– Education Assistance Program
– Relocation may be considered
Benefits are subject to change
Polaris Alpha (Polaris), a Parsons company, is seeking a Software Engineer to join us and expand our distinguished team to develop a state-of-the-art ground station for the next generation of low earth orbiting environmental satellites. The development of this national asset will provide global coverage, monitor environmental conditions, collect, disseminate and process data about the Earth’s weather, atmosphere, oceans, land, and near-space environment.
This program is looking for a qualified junior to mid-level software engineer to join the Software team. The qualified candidate will work in a team environment to design, code, test, and deliver new/modified functionality, while following program and campus processes for all aspects of software development. SW development is done primarily in Java. Responsibilities include supporting the design, coding, test, and integration of ground system software. The qualified candidate will be involved with all phases of the software development lifecycle including maintenance of the current operational system.
Polaris Alpha (Polaris), a Parsons company, provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The company has approximately 1,500 employees with major offices in Denver, Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA and works on-site with our customers both domestically and internationally.
Our National Strategic Systems Directorate is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you a mission-focused software engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
– United States Citizen
– Minimum 4+ years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using Java
– Minimum 2-4 years working with M/S Windows OS based development
– Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary
– Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases)
– Ability to obtain a security clearance
– Work related experience with Planning and Scheduling Systems
– Professional C++ experience
– Work related experience with JBoss Application Server
– Work related experience with J2EE, JDBC (Java DB Connectivity) & EJB
– Work related experience with Log4J, JUnit & XML
– Work related experience with code analysis tools such as Purify and Klocwork
– Experience with application development involving RDBMS (such as Oracle, mySQL, etc.)
– Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose, RSA, or Rhapsody
– Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems
– Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
– Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
– Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems)
– Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
– Familiarity working with other engineering disciplines (systems, hardware, test, configuration management, and quality engineering)
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.