We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineers interested in joining our team in the Washington, DC metro area and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will deliver world class solutions to Unisys’ customer. You will apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex software projects.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
– Designs, develops, and provides customization of various applications to meet a series of pre-defined requirements.
– Requirements will be met through the use of various programming languages and possibly machine and assembly languages.
– Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
– Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
– Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
– Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
– Models and applies software engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools or technologies in one or more areas of expertise.
– Often assumes technical and project leadership roles.
– May function as a consultant or researcher.
– May manage schedule, quality and technical solution on assigned projects in coordination with project leadership.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Minimum ability to obtain public trust clearance, Secret or higher clearance a plus
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Relevant certifications a plus
Must have demonstrated capability for oral and written communications
Expert level skill in one or more popular software languages
Knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, and software sustainment.
Knowledge of system and software architecture frameworks About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2017-2828
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– Washington, DC
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.