Department 009-MIT LL
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
Software Engineer (*******)
Background: As military systems have continued to increase in sophistication and capability, the cost and development time of these systems have continued to grow. Through the use of open standards and service-oriented architectures, the Air Force seeks to improve the development and lifecycle efficiency of systems procurements, as well as the interoperability between these systems, especially for those systems that comprise mission capability (weapons, sensors, communications, navigation, etc.). The Air Force and the Laboratory are working to achieve these goals under the Open Architecture Management (OAM) program. This requisition is for engineering support.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
– Candidate will have a MS with 3 years of experience or a BS with 5 years of experience in a computer science discipline. Substituting off-set may be used.
– Candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience developing C++ software, and experience testing software.
– Candidate will have strong software testing experience.
– Candidate will have strong problem solving skills.
– Candidate will have strong experience with version control, configuration management and integration. Candidate will have strong Java development experience.
– Candidate will have experience with message passing middleware.
– Candidate will be able to work within a fast moving, small team environment.
– Candidate will have an active DoD security clearance.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications
– Candidate should have experience with embedded software development.
– Candidate should have experience with network technology.
– Candidate should have experience developing avionics software.
– Candidate should have knowledge of avionics standards.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN – All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and possess a DoD security clearance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.