EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team in Contoocook, NH. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of EBSCO eBooks content storage, retrieval and viewer products. Your work will contribute to the growth of EBSCO by helping in selling print books and eBooks through its GOBI related services used by our customers.
– Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
– Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
– Collaborate with your team to gain knowledge on the domains and be self-sufficient in addressing any defects.
– Author, review, and help in implementation of test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements.
– Exhibit technical leadership for features and defects, ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
– Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing, and deployment phases to ensure delivery expectations (both time and quality) are met.
– Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
– Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture.
– Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
– Deliver software that is enabled for CI/CD.
– 3+ years of experience with object-oriented and SOLID design/development principles.
– 3+ years of professional development experience using C#.
– 3+ years of professional web development experience using ******* MVC and .NET Windows Services.
– 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands-on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, and API design.
– 1+ year experience with Agile development.
– 1+ year experience with Oracle package development and/or mySQL.
– 1+ year experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) with NUnit or similar.
– Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
– Some experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
– Familiarity with queueing services such as ActiveMQ.
– Familiarity writing automated tests with Java and Selenium or similar.
– Familiarity with MongoDB.
– Familiarity with microservices and microservice design patterns.
– Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques.
EBSCO Industries, ****** an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Concord
Nearest Secondary Market: Manchester
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Contoocook, NH (US)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.