Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, Employer Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the Employer family of companies, Employer Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. We believe that our people are the key to the companys continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. Employer has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit ********************.Job SummaryDo you desire meaningful work? Looking for exposure to cutting-edge technology? Want to make a positive impact with your influence? Of course you do! At Employer Trust, we are working on brand new technologies supporting the banking industry and looking for someone eager to collaborate with our team, at this exciting time! Rise to the challenge and make your mark using Ruby on Rails, Docker Containers, Flask, etc. Get the exposure working front-middle-backend experience by joining our innovative team. The Software Engineer position requires understanding business needs and translating them effectively into applications either individually or as part of a team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Participate in design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and deploying of software code for business applications.
* Modify and enhance existing applications.
* Work comfortably within small teams in a corporate environment that requires regular communication with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
* Independently define and prioritize individual goals and tasks as part of an agile development process.
* Report to management on the status of project efforts, identify issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implement corrective actions.
* Keep current on advances in software development and integrate them where appropriate.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
* 1-3 years experience in software development, at least one year experience on Python or Ruby on Rails.
* Knowledge of MVC frameworks.
* Experience with Database (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
* Experience with consuming web services (XML, JSON) and building RESTful web services.
* A high level of intellectual curiosity and general professionalism is necessary.
* Familiarity with established design and development tools, including source control and build management, is preferred.
* Experience of SCRUM/Agile experience is a plus.
Employer invests in its employees development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. Employer is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out ********************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.