Job ID: ******
Company: : Amazon Services, LLC
Position Category: Software Development
Enabling Amazon’s explosive growth requires top talent in our Finance Technology (FinTech) organization. FinTech is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be a part of Amazon’s FinTech Payments team.
FinTech Payments owns the technical platform responsible for billions of dollars of payments each month to Amazon vendors across the globe. We build and ultiize services and applications using AWS and other cutting edge technologies while providing full visibility into the transactions using static and machine learning models. We partner with financial institutions and other Amazon teams to leverage the best in class features that the banks and finance technology companies have to offer. We delight our vendors by paying them when they want and how they want. If you are passionate about moving real money, paying people on time, innovating payments, using the latest and greatest technologies to help scale a system with 100% uptime, we have the opportunity for you!
In this role you will:
– Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously improving platform, code and services that enable supplier payments
– Build software to enable Global/World wide Vendor Payments
– Build services/integration for Financial Applications
– Design and Develop Best integration patterns for our system. Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products with in Amazon to reduce payments operational cost and enhance customer experience
– Partner directly with other Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers, Functional Analysts and Customers to understand features and continuously identify opportunities to build and deploy software solutions
– Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– 7+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
– Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
– Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and service oriented architecture
– Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
– Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
– Demonstrated experience in SQL and data modeling skills
– Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
– Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
– Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
– Experience in consultancy role, assisting and mentoring junior DBA staff.
– Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
– Experience in Oracle Applications Manager, Oracle Dataguard, and PeopleSoft
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.