Do you want to take your career to the next level? CGI is looking for a dedicated and experienced Software Engineer with a passion for solving business problems to join our team in Nashville. At CGI, you will tackle important business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You'll be part of a team of dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client partners. Tired of the same old business domain and technology stack? Are you passionate about learning a variety of new technologies and enjoy a quick paced atmosphere? Consider joining CGI, a premier consulting firm that encourages personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
What we value:
• Passionate technologists
• Lifelong learners
• Problem solvers
• Excellent written and verbal communicators
• People who enjoy working with both business and technical partners
• People who engage in their local community
Position is located in Nashville, TN
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Engage with business partners to analyze business processes, gather requirements, and recommend technical solutions.
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Design, document, and implement cloud first software using programming languages such as Python, Node.js, .NET, C#, and/or Java
• Leverage latest cloud first technologies and serverless architectures such as AWS Lambda
• Build CI/CD pipelines with tools such as AWS CodePipeline and Jenkins
• Mentor and support new and junior team members
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Work with team members to estimate project tasks
• Grow your career and enhance your technical abilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and domain experts
• Demonstrated ability to recognize business needs, analyze requests, and recommend solid technical solutions
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and steadfast attention to detail
• Hands on experience developing enterprise software solutions in one or more of the following: Python, Node.js, .NET, C#, and/or Java
• Strong understanding of object-oriented principles
• Thorough understanding of database design principles and SQL
• Understanding of the pros/cons of leveraging the cloud
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or Computer Information Systems (MIS or CIS) or related degree required
Desired qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands on experience building cloud first software solutions in AWS or Azure
• Hands on experience designing and building reporting and transactional data models in various database management systems such as AWS RDS, Azure SQL, RedShift, PostgresSQL, MySQL, Snowflake, SQL Server, or Oracle
• Understanding of cloud principles in the following areas: autoscaling, serverless, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and containers.
• Data engineering experience in one of the following: ETL, Data Analytics, or Master Data Management
• Certification in cloud technology such as AWS Certified Developer – Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Cloud Computing
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.