Discretionary Business Title
Network Security Software Engineer
FLORHAM PARK, NJ – Florham Park, NJ 07932 US (Primary)
Ability to obtain a government security clearance
Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
Under minimal direction, design and implement a mixture of real-time embedded and application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide technical leadership, design, develop, test and maintain real-time embedded and application software on custom sensor and wireless communications systems
– Interact with customer to understand requirements, identify risks, and implement solutions to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
– Optimize software to meet real-time requirements
– Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
– Support system and field testing as required
– Document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
– Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions.
– Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
– Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
– Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH & S policies and procedures
– Perform other duties as assigned
– Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
Skills and Knowledge:
– Experience developing software for real-time environments
– Experience with multiple programming methods and languages, including C, C++, C#
– Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Perl, Python, BASH
– Experience developing APIs for command and control over unreliable communications links
– Experience developing in the Linux environment and implementing Linux applications
– Familiarity with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
– Familiarity with communication theory, wireless protocols, and control theory
– Familiarity with embedded software that controls hardware (e.g. device drivers, microcontrollers)
– Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required, including Microsoft Point
– Excellent communication skills
– Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 6-8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
– Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
– Familiarity operating and controlling RF test equipment
– Familiarity with RF theory
– HAM radio license highly desirable
LGS Innovations delivers mission-critical communications products, R & D, and supporting services to U.S. defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies and commercial customers around the world. We create advanced solutions in wireless communications, signals processing and analysis, optical networking, photonics, routing and switching, and spectrum management. These solutions drive mission success in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), cyberspace operations, and network assurance. LGS Innovations is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices across the U.S. and overseas. We employ over 1,000 associates around the world, including 750 scientists and engineers. LGS Innovations: Listen. Innovate. Deliver. **********************. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave. For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at ************************************** Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled ******************** E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.