Are you an exceptional engineering leader with deep experience designing and building POS and payment applications? Do you have a passion for developing software that drives both development teams and the business?
Become the newest technical leader in Toshiba’s Digital Solutions group. This position will focus on building POS and payment solutions for top clients like Costco, Kroger, Walmart, etc. This opportunity will allow the candidate to work on existing payments platforms and build new payment platforms on cloud and microservices architecture and help code, lead, and design functional deliverables for Toshiba’s retail customers.
You will be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers, collaborating on the various infrastructure layers for our platform. Qualified candidates will have strong leadership, be forward-thinking, self-motivated and bring excellence to the development and customer experience. This position will lead the work of other developers both in RTP and in our Mexico development center.
- Developing new custom functionality and assisting with defect support
- Authoring functional specifications and/or high-level designs
- Documenting solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams
- Working closely with the QA team to ensure a quality deliverable
- Creating product documentation for end-users
- Providing ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Providing technical guidance during requirements workshops with our customers
- Providing technical input to the leadership team in the writing of client contracts
- Contributing to our legacy of outstanding innovation through the invention/IP process
- Elevating technology and consistently applying best practices
- Mentoring junior development team members
This role is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Occasional travel to a customer site may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of cloud-based or client/server development experience.
- 3+ years of POS and payments development experience.
- Client-facing professionalism and skills
- Ability to convert technical specifications from the design team or third-party vendors into software implementation.
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to details, teamwork, and excellent communication skills
- Strong Java programming skills and some C++ experience
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/lifecycle, especially Agile methodology.
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation. light administration, and simple scripting.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools like Git.
- Strong knowledge and Experience with retail business processes, technologies, and payment solutions
- Strong understanding of Payment technology for cloud Point of Sales, including debit, credit, EBT, EMV (chip payment technology), Fuel, and Fleet cards, developing payment firmware on PIN Pads.
- Strong knowledge of PCI-DSS and PII standards
- Experience building and supporting cloud-based applications, and DevOps
- Knowledge of REST, Spring Boot, and microservices design and development
- Experience in relational and NoSQL Databases
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.