This position can be fully remote.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
Secure Devops Platforms is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Engineering Enablement team. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on a high performing Agile squad, which partners closely with our engineering enablement platform partners and users to leverage cutting-edge technologies.
You would have the opportunity to develop software that enables thousands Software Engineers to provide a best-in-class application creation and management experience.
The team is looking for a collaborative, self-motivated full-stack Engineer with a strong passion for customer-centricity, learning, and innovative problem solving.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with other Software Engineers and engineering enablement subject-matter experts to drive complex solutions to enable Software Engineering teams to deliver superior service to their application users.
- Be able to view the work and discussions with a broad lens considering multiple systems, partners, and engineering user perspectives.
- Be willing to think differently, ask questions, learn, and innovate.
- Work in an agile environment focused on transparency and open communication and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development and growth of a high performing team.
- Three years of software engineering experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing Scrum, Kanban or XP.
- Demonstrated success in platform modernization initiatives, utilizing technologies such as REST; micro services; cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud; and Java, NodeJS and Spring Boot.
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE.
- Strong oral and written communication skills—and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers.
- A collaborative, adaptable working style, demonstrated initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts.
- A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.