FREEDOM CONSULTING GROUP
Software Engineer (19-29203)
Herndon, VA 20171
Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
Category: Software Development
Title: Software Engineer (19-29203)
Location(s): Position Available in Virginia
Security Clearance: TS/ISSA with appropriate agency Polygraph
Requirements: Immediate Opening
The Customer is looking for an energetic, creative resource with excellent skills and a proven track record of successful technical project implementation. This position is for a subject matter expert software engineer with deep, broad technical knowledge and experience with the Customer IT environment (architecture, applications, technologies, and infrastructure). The Candidate will work closely with customers staff lead for Authentication program activities within the Sponsor’s office. The software engineer will work within an Agile development team to design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy COTS components. The software engineer will assist in the installation, maintenance, and deployment of the COTS product, making configuration changes as needed. Prior knowledge of authentication and authorization is helpful. The software engineer will interface with the infrastructure teams during upgrades or troubleshooting. A successful candidate will work with new and existing customers to ensure authentication and identity propagation requirements are satisfied. The individual will provide ad hoc support to project-related activities as needed and tasked by management, and will work with project management to prioritize multiple customer stories and tasking when conflicts arise. This work requires significant interaction across many customers and groups and other Service Providers to understand requirement, assess enterprise capabilities that fulfill these needs, and ensure services are compliant with customer’s governance.
1. Demonstrated prior on-the-job experience with development and integration access solutions consistent with mission requirements, preferably enterprise level deployments, supporting broad implementations of authentication, authorization to include customer governance, policy definitions, policy management and automation, and customer interfaces used to deliver integrated security solutions across multiple security domains (networks, enterprise, enclaves).
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with J2EE design and Java Development using an n-layered architecture to develop restful Web services.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Web development using XML.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Web development using JDBC.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for authentication.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Web development using Tomcat.
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Web development using Spring Framework.
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing on a Linux platform.
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with PKI certificate integration.
10. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with J2EE n-tier and Spring technology.
1. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with cloud based technologies.
2. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Ping Federate.
3. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Point and document configuration management.
4. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with DevOps components such as; i.e. GetHub, Jenkins, or Artifactory.
5. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with large-scale enterprise programs and networking of large scale DBMS and software services.
6. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Agile methodology (e.g., sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, work backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, story clarifications).
7. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing or supporting applications in a virtualized environment.
8. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with risk management from the perspective of effectively identifying, citing, ranking, and establishment of appropriate mitigation approaches.
9. Demonstrated on-the-job experience adjudicating competing priorities, incorporating user requirements into technical project road-maps/schedule, and providing analysis of alternatives for capability enhancements to better enable customer lead project decisions.
10. Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing architectural and engineering patterns and maturity models.
11. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with data attribute validation, acquisition, management and re-purposing for use in policies and processes as the basis of secure solutions.
12. Demonstrated on-the-job experience with developing, drafting and presenting program documentation to communicate with implementers, architects, senior leadership, and customer stakeholders (e.g., TEM materials, Concept of Operations, Implementation Plans) and the tools leveraged to produce appropriate artifacts.
13. Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with seniors, customers, system architects, and developers to identify and shape solutions that meet both performance and Information Assurance requirements.
14. Demonstrated on-the-job experience in active participation in multiple customer forums to address strategy, architecture, policy, road-maps, key processes, dependencies, interoperability, technology, and governance.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.