What you’ll be doing.
You’ll be responsible for software application development for new and ongoing telecommunications and data communications projects. These efforts will be aimed at customer retention and revenue expansion.
Major responsibilities include:
– Develop and test custom software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
– Assist in the design of software systems.
– Analyze customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
– Coordinate with project management and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
– object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
– Author technical documentation as needed.
– Support QA team in developing test plans.
Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have.
– BS/BA degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field.
– Minimum experience of 1 year in developing software systems. College-level software projects apply.
– Software development experience in LINUX environment using Java or C/C++.
– Scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
– Multi-threaded software development.
Even better if you have:
– Knowledge of networking technology for telecommunications and data communications.
– Knowledge of information security.
– Knowledge of in database systems.
– Experience with Java IDE, J2EE, and jQuery.
– Experience using of source version control products such as Git.
– Experience with OODB and Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.).
– Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.