Texas-Houston, United States
CH2M & Jacobs
7 hours ago
Expires 01 Dec 2018
Software Engineer in Texas-Houston, United States
Texas-Houston, United States | N/A | Permanent
The United States is developing robotic and autonomous systems to enable humans to explore deep space, the Moon and Mars. On the Jacobs JETS contract, we provide services to NASAs Johnson Space Center that includes development of robots and highly autonomous systems that can reduce crew workload and maintain spacecraft and ground habitation systems on the surface of the Moon and on Mars during long-term absence of crew.
Do you want to play a part in helping humans explore deep space, the Moon and Mars? Do you have experience developing visual web-based displays? If so, join our dynamic research and development team that is building the next generation of autonomous and collaborative robots for space exploration! Were looking for a Software Engineer.
The Software Engineer will support Johnson Space Centers activities for long duration space flight through the JETS Contract.
The selected candidate for this role will:
– Develop ‘drag and drop’ HTML widgets in CHISEL.
– Implement new functional capabilities.
– Implement bug fixes of existing implementations.
– Design and implement styling changes.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
– Experience with CHISEL web development environment.
– C#, Python, and Java programming skills and experience.
– Experience with code version control.
– Experience with space habitat autonomous systems.
– Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System).
Why Work for JETS?
– Opportunities for growth and advancement
– Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
– Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
– Much, much more!
Dont miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration,
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.