First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history
to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company
offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive
network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First
American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and
professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or
equity loans. The company s thorough searches, title clearance, and
insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the
efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of
FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. For more
information, visit ***************
Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging,
and maintenance of software code for business applications.
Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with
backend databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems
with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
Participates in the development of software user manuals.
* Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering
* Experience translating software requirements and experience with
software design solutions.
* Build test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest
* Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
* Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
* Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be
written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
* May consult with users and develop business relationships and
integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure
* Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts,
anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of
project goals and implementing corrective actions.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT
colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
* Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or
individually, to meet the needs of the project.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert
* Experience with various computer platforms and application
* Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software
* Expertise in designing programs and applications
* Experience designing application systems
* Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and
skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills
of the team
* Strong organizational or Project Management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being,
empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them
to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is
committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to
putting People First, check out ********************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.