For Siemens Software Engineer job – Engineering – Berkeley, California
Skip to Main Content
– Our Stories
– My Dashboard
– My Dashboard
– Our Stories
Locations: Berkeley, California
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: ******
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: ***************************************
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is active contributor with product development and writing high quality software. An ideal candidate shall own expertise and experience in software development. This position will be hands-on technical resource who is a team player, self-driven and supportive of the team.
In this position you will work with Cross functional Project Teams comprised of Software developers, applications scientists, and program managers to:
– Help drive MDX technical vision and strategy, and associated new technology adoption. Focus areas include architecting solutions based upon gathering and understanding requirements and documentation.
– Interact with implementation partners and customers to understand their needs, and feed this back to the Project teams and roadmap.
– Implement designs/implementations based on the requirements.
– Perform hands-on architecture and design across MDX components and applications.
– Drive common platform functionality – such as Operating Systems-, and consistent, best-practice application design.
– Experience with software development best practices (e.g. test-driven development, object-oriented design, code profiling, refactoring, debugging)
– Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
– BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– 2 – 3 years of application development experience.
– Broad and deep knowledge of relevant technologies utilized today, including Windows Operating system, C#, Java, LIS environments.
– Strong computer science fundamentals and a demonstrated strong problem solving techniques
– Desktop application development experience with C# .NET, Windows Forms, WPF and WCF technologies.
– Experience working in an agile environment.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to present and discuss technical strategies, architectures and designs clearly and concisely.
– Ability to produce quality output during development through good developer testing and self-review.
– A strong history of collaborating effectively across engineering teams.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is plus
– Ability to design and execute automated and manual tests for validating and verifying software applications is a plus
– Ability to create technical documentation for developed features
– Understand Medical Device Software Development environment
– Experience in a regulated environment
– Open office environment
– Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Let’s stay connected
US Only: Review Accommodations for Disability
Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.