Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. We offer the most extensible and transparent advertising buying platform in the world, operating at a massive scale. Our employees enjoy a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve. Whether competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, we remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Ad Serving team. The Ad Serving system is the backbone of Beeswax's business. It listens to billions of ad auctions per day, decides which of our hundreds of customers should participate, and executes complex bidding strategies to provide optimal results — all in under 30ms.
AS AN ENGINEER ON THE SERVING TEAM YOU WILL:
- Design and build data-driven / model-driven features for our customers to execute their marketing campaigns effectively
- Scale our distributed application and infrastructure to the next level
- Optimize algorithms and software architectures to save cloud hosting costs
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A deep understanding of what it means to build systems at scale – if you love articles onhighscalability.comyou’ll fit right in
- A strong grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves)
- Experience with optimizing performance, scaling and data modeling
- An ability to think about and tackle problems analytically
- Significant experience with compiled programming languages such as C++, Java, Golang, or Rust
- Experience working with data warehousing solutions like Snowflake and distributed databases such as Aerospike
- Comfort in a Linux ecosystem
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback and more than just the spelling skills to know that there’s no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
National Pay Range: $78,789.65 USD-$184,663.24 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.