The ETL Developer will play a key role in the design, development and testing phases Asurion’s SDLC process. Primary duties are to design, develop, and maintain ETL applications using ETL tools. Daily activities include a broad mix of designing and building ETL applications, providing data and analysis on an ad hoc basis, troubleshooting reporting issues, performance tuning and interacting with Data Modelers, third party vendors, and Business Analysts/Deliver Managers.
Duties / Responsibilities:
System Development: The ETL Developer will participate in full project lifecycle in implementing new or enhancing application systems (both in-house and third vendor packages).
– Performs systems design and analysis, develop code, and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems users and applications components
– Develop and support ETL Center of Excellence, ETL processes implementation, ongoing development and operations.
– Develop and execute AWS or Azure migration strategy for ETL/ELT processes
– Early identification of development issues and corrective action to mitigate issues is required with these responsibilities.
– Determine the best tool to development and maintain the functional or reporting requirement using a ‘best-of-the-breed’ development approach.
– Respond to production troubles and user inquiries
– Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences and management
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Must be self-motivated and a team player
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
– 3 years overall database software development/ data warehouse experience
– 3 years hands on experience ETL/Data Integration tools (SSIS & SSRS)
– Excellent understanding of database fundamentals – SQL Experience (Oracle, MySql, AWS RDS), database design, and modeling principles
– Development experience with Java, Scala, Groovy, Python, and/or shell scripting
– Excellent in ETL design skills as well as hands-on experience developing ETL mappings
– Ability to multi-task, work on many projects at once, delegate effectively
– Database optimizations and performance Tuning Experience
– SVN and Jenkins experience
– Agile/Scrum/Iterative development methodology experience.
– Cloud build experience in Azure or AWS is an advantage
– Strong communication skills and able to work well in a team setting
– Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: TEC01727
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
We’re a technology company. But we’re also an amazing group of people. When you call us, you’ll talk to people with the patience and experience to genuinely help. We understand what it’s like to spill water on a cell phone or have a hard drive crash on a term paper. We replace. We fix. We find. We solve. We keep you in the game. Asurion. Life’s Operating System Contact Info
– Nashville, TN
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.