The Software Engineer 3 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 3 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The position will assist in code reviews and with the activities for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
– 3 or more years of software development experience using (Java, Python, Shell scripting, API designing ) are required
– Experience with Unix Shell Script, Awk, Python
– Experience in AWS data technologies – Redshift, Lambda, Aurora, etc.
– Expert level knowledge of SQL and knowledge of HiveQL are preferred
– Experience in database platforms such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Redshift
– Experience in working with Linux environments
– Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig and MapReduce
– Knowledge on concepts and experience writing SQL and ETL code with the ability to analyze, diagnose, and tune for scale and performance
– Knowledge and Experience in Informatica Cloud product ICS and Power center are plus
– In-depth understanding and experience with ETL, data warehousing/data marts concepts
– Highly motivated Self-starter, team-oriented and very analytical
– Excellent communication skills
– BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
PRO00756 | Sterling | Virginia | US | 2018/04/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.