Req ID *******BR
Company Summary What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Job Title Software Engineer 3
Time Type Full Time
Position Description What you’ll do at Walmart Labs
In the Associate Experience / Store Retail Services group you will work as part of a small team to design, build, and field some of the world’s highest-volume retail systems. We are creating a new generation of store systems that enable our associates to work smarter AND provide excellent service for our customers. We are integrating applications that blur the lines between online, mobile, and in-store experiences all so our customers can spend less and live better!
Our teams are agile and cloud-native. We contribute to open source software, and to our community! We learn from each other every day. We have a startup culture and are looking to grow our team with software engineers who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
As a Software Engineer III:
* Provide hands-on technical leadership for engineering sub-teams
* Design and implement distributed systems in an agile delivery environment
* Own the code that you bring to Production
* Collaborate with product leads to ensure business needs are met
* Drive troubleshooting and system improvement activities
* Help build a great engineering culture that consistently delivers value to our customers and business
* Bachelor of Science and 5 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Additional Preferred Qualifications
* 4 years experience developing web services or distributed, messaging and event-based systems
* 3 years experience with database management systems
* 3 years experience in a Unix/Linux environment
* 3 years experience in agile delivery, especially Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban as well as DevOps.
* Demonstrated success in distributed systems, especially REST based services
* Strong API design, development, and management
* Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
* Strong knowledge of software development theory and practice
* A product development agile mindset
* Experience with container technologies like Docker
* Strong knowledge of security standards, practices, and architecture
Brand Walmart Labs
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.