Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
TPG Capital recently completed the purchase of Change Healthcare’s Clinical Claims Management (CCM) business, which includes the ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager solutions. The transaction establishes the CCM business as an independent company, with an interim name of ClaimsXten Portfolio. ClaimsXten Portfolio has a long history as a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships.
TPG Capital is a leading private equity platform of alternative asset management firm TPG and an active, experienced healthcare and software investor. TPG has a long history of partnering with companies, including the ClaimsXten Portfolio Business–a trusted partner and market leader in primary claim editing, delivering value through savings, operational efficiencies, and long-standing partner relationships. ClaimsXten’s primary solutions are ClaimsXten®, ClaimsXten® Select, ClaimCheck, Secondary Editing, and Episode Manager.
Sr. Software Engineer
Job Profile Summary
The Senior Software Engineer position is a key position within the software development organization. This role requires excellent programming, mentoring and leadership skills. Candidates in this position are groomed for future leadership or architect positions within the organization. We are looking for a seasoned, experienced professional Software Engineer with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Leads development team and works independently to apply software engineering skills and practices towards product development, maintenance, support and identifies opportunities to leverage and/or enhance existing practices.
- Leads design at task level, proposes design at story level and participates in design at modular level
- Educates and experiments with new technology and concepts.
- Write application software code according to the business requirements and technical specifications
- Investigate, analyze and document reported software defects
- Troubleshooting software performance issues and investigating defect reports
- Mentoring other developers
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Java
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with UI Frameworks such as Angular, React, or general Typescript
- Must have strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specifications
- Ability to write software code according to published standards and industry best practices and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work well with a team.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science. Masters Preferred, or related field or equivalent experience.
What Experience is helpful to have?
- Mastery of Java technologies
- A mastery of and extensive experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns and their application in enterprise software applications
- Extensive experience developing web services
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Demonstrated ability of developing software components with no guidance
- Ability to function under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to function in a highly agile team environment
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job;
General office duties and remote working environment. Home Office Required.
How much should I expect to travel?
Less than 10% travel involved.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At ClaimsXten Portfolio, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $105,225 – $183,000. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $91,500 – $152,500. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $109,800 – $183,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.