Software Engineer 3 (Web)
Level of Supervision/Direction
Works under directional management. Often sub-group or team leader
Minimum & Typical Experience
Minimally 3-5 yrs
Typically BS & 5+ yrs
Summary of Responsibilities
The Software Engineer 3 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 3 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meets system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The position will assist in code reviews and with the activities for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
Conducts code reviews with peers and management
Works with UX Designers and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
Works with off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
Creates processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s scope
Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion’s applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion’s inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
3 or more years of software development experience required
2 or more years of development experience in the following required:
* Web Application Architecture
* Web System Architecture, SOA, REST, AJAX, JSON, CDN, SSO
* Responsive Web application design and development.
* jQuery framework including jQuery, jQuery mobile, jQuery UI etc
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* MySql, No-SQL, Web servers
* Experience working with Node.js and the Express application framework.
* Object oriented java script programming
* Multithreaded Web Application experience
* Web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and web-related performance and optimization techniques.
* Good UI performance tuning and debugging skills
Experience being a technical leader for junior staff preferred
Specific knowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
* Accessibility (ADA Compliance), WCAG, WAI-ARIA
* Google charts, D3.js
* CDN, cloud cache solutions, offline storage
* Mobile browser and web view development and debugging
* Email development and debugging
* Familiarity with design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
* Continues Integration/Deployment tools and solutions. Such as Jenkins
* Cloud deployment and configuration for AWS
* Git, Webpack, Charles Proxy, Sublime Text
PRO00828 | San Mateo | California | US | 2018/05/24
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.