Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.
Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.
We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way,
reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where
we live and work.
Seeking creative, passionate, engineering minded software engineers looking for an environment with a core set of values anchored in trust, autonomy and a relentless focus on user experience to build innovative digital solutions in Cargill.
As markets and industries evolve in a digital way, so must Cargill if it wishes to maintain and improve its leadership position in the food, trading and agriculture industries it engages in. A such, Cargill is actively working to realize Digitalization and Analytics (D & A) as a core competency throughout its many business lines. Within our North America Enablement Team, our product development team provides instrumental software development services, enabling our businesses’ digital future.
Strong candidates will have experience throughout the entire development stack and a broad background in custom software engineering. You probably have your favorite space to work in (UX/UI, services, infra code, backend, etc), but we do our best to promote cross-functional behaviors. We place users at the center of our universe, leveraging DevOps tooling to facilitate feedback loops that often times are less than a day. In that spirit, it’s essential that you be both well rounded and willing to learn new technologies in a short amount of time to support the goals of the work.
As a member of the North America Deliver Center Enablement Team you will work with Product Managers to understand new features within the product and the engineering team to validate design. Each engineer is then responsible for the development of the feature, all the way through a release to production. We value eliminating handoffs and external dependencies through this approach, giving more autonomy to the developers and team. If this ecosystem sounds appealing, it is a perfect opportunity for you to join and focus on creating amazing software.
70% Design and Build
– Write well designed, testable, efficient code
– Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
– Participate in a dynamic development environment where solutions evolve daily as customer demands emerge over time.
– Implement modern engineering practices to ensure product quality (e.g., test automation, CI/CD practices), where appropriate.
– Participate in identification of solution options to meet customer and technical requirements
– Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices, tools and monitoring according to industry best practices.
30% Business Analysis and Partnering
– Regularly interface with architects, analysts, process designers, business SMEs, and users to understand and evaluate business requirements
– Technical degree OR a high school diploma / GED and 2+ years of experience in experience
– 2+ years of experience in the software development field
– Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery practices (such as: Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
– Experience with cloud infrastructure services, such as AWS
– Experience in an agile software development environment
– Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time
– Experience to collaboratively design and write testable code in open source frameworks.
– Undergraduate in the sciences or arts, with training certifications in software development.
– Undergraduate or masters in computer science or related field
– Experience with open source technology.
– Strong intrapersonal skills, ability to work with diverse teams and personalities
– Self-reliant, assertive and motivated
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.