Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and software engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set. We are currently seeking software engineers / computer scientists to join our leading-edge research and engineering group.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Hydrodynamicists, Physicists, Machine Learning Researchers, Acousticians, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers and more) to design, implement, and deliver cutting edge software solutions to complex problems.
This position will afford you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills in addition to solving high-profile national defense problems. We hire people with curiosity and passion about science, technology, engineering, and math and who want to take that passion and turn it into reality.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- Work alongside a team to incorporate scientific algorithms into a large code stream
- Assist in translation of existing software to make compatible with GPUs
- Testing and evaluating new and existing software implementations
- BS degree or higher in computer science or computer engineering and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- GPU/CUDA experience
- Currently holds a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Experience programming in C/C++, single and/or multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience configuration management systems such as Git
Pay Range $50,700.00 – $78,000.00 – $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.