Software Engineer (NY) Job Opening – Architecture Technology Corporation
– R & D
– R & D
Software Engineer – Ithaca, NY
– About Us
– Our Story
– Contact Us
Architecture Technology Corporation (ATCorp), a leader in computer architecture, research, and development, has immediate openings for Software Engineers in Ithaca, NY. We are seeking graduating and newly graduated B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. candidates specializing in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields.
ATCorp is looking for individuals with a strong background in wireless networking and network security, programming and a desire to excel in cross-functional teams. If you have the initiative and drive to meet goals on time and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, product-development environment, you need to apply. Qualified individuals should be able to independently conceive cutting-edge ideas and enjoy working in a team setting to convert these ideas into game-changing products.
The Research and Development (R & D) Division applies advanced engineering techniques and methodologies from the fields of network protocol engineering and security for wired, wireless, and mobile ad hoc networks, endpoint monitoring and security, information management and assurance, and digital forensics, combined with expertise in C, C++ and Java, to meet our customers’ demands for high-performance, high-reliability, real-time systems. The Ithaca R & D group specializes in the design, development & implementation of next-generation cyber security products.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related area; Master’s degree or Ph.D. a plus
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
Successful Candidates Will Have Experience In
– One or more programming languages (Java, C, C++, Perl, Python, etc.)
– Hardware/software interfaces and protocols (low-level device and bus protocols)
– Linux kernel or drivers
– Systems engineering
– Reverse engineering
– Support the full software development life cycle development (requirements gathering through design, development, test and maintenance)
– Quickly learn and apply cutting-edge technologies
– Write proposals to seek research funding
ATCorp offers competitive pay ($45K – $115K DOE) and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Flexible work schedule, Paid Time Off (PTO), Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), Life Insurance, Extended Leave Bank (ELB), Health and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Fitness Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Relocation Assistance (where applicable), and a casual work environment (it’s not uncommon to see the company president in jeans and a golf shirt).
– Design and/or innovate new ideas and technologies
– Programming and research
– Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests
– Extensive regular contact with assigned project clients
– Participating in client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues
– Creating system and software architectures
– Developing, testing, and deploying software
– Large-scale Software Systems Integration and test
– Building commercial products
– Conduct research and development
– Providing customized consulting services
– Application of systems analysis techniques and procedures
– Determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
– Assist in achieving project goals
– Work with multiple projects
– Interface with various departments
– Other jobs as assigned by supervisor
Software Engineers report to the Technical Director.
– Self-starter, able to drive projects to completion in circumstances where little guidance and support is available
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Must play well with others
Candidates will be required to pass a background check. Per government contract requirements, candidates for these positions must be citizens of the United States or aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
Any personal information you supply here will be used solely for the evaluation of your employment application and not for any other purpose. We partner with JazzHR to help process employment applications. Neither ATCorp nor JazzHR shares your data with any third parties. If you wish to review or have us delete any application-related personal information, contact your designated ATCorp HR representative or ***************.
The above statements are intended to neither describe nor offer employment. The statements above are an overview of the general nature and level of work being performed by people at ATCorp. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of ATCorp personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Follow what we’re up to:
– Our Story
– Contact Us
– CYRIN Cyber Range
– USB Sentry
– PMAF Pedigree Framework
R & D
– Trestle Framework
– Advanced Routers
– Air Transportation Systems Engineering
– Bandwidth Optimized Collaboration
– Custom Code Profiling Solutions
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.