The Challenge: Whole Foods Market in partnership with Amazon is looking for innovative Software Development Engineers who are passionate — about great food, about the communities we live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans, about the tech we will build to transform the world — to join our Supply Chain and Merchandising (SC&M) team. We have embarked on transformational SC&M initiatives that will deliver market leading capabilities to our company.
The Team: The Engineering Services team that supports SC&M who will work for Amazon and provide services to Whole Foods Market has a broad portfolio of over 50 applications in .NET, C#, Java, React, Angular, AWS, Containerization, Kubernetes, and more. We operate in a SAFe Agile framework and our teams self-organize around the work.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. As a senior-level Software Development Engineer II, you will help tackle a diverse landscape of technical challenges. You will be responsible for creating scalable technical designs and code for complex internally developed Supply Chain and Merchandising applications, servicing users across various roles and responsibilities.
You will coach and mentor other team members and work closely with peers and business partners to increase the efficacy and performance of our software solutions. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many people. Most importantly you’ll be contributing to our Higher Purpose of Nourishing People and the Planet!
This position is based in Austin, TX. Domestic relocation assistance is available.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and modify custom .NET Core web applications and APIs
- Contribute to the definition, development, testing and deployment of software solutions in coordination with other initiatives and solutions
- Implement solutions to consume and publish data to/from various endpoints
- Partner with the Product Owners, Support teams and other Software teams to identify issues and design solutions
- Integrate and support third-party solutions
- Debug and performance tune software solutions
- Leverage AWS components to implement technical solutions including (but not limited to) Glue, CodeCommit, RDS, EC2, ELB, ALB and others
- Write and implement unit tests based on acceptance criteria with TDD in mind
- Drive design patterns and frameworks for tying UI/UX to back-end/service implementations
- Write code with scalability, maintainability, performance and integration with other components and systems in mind
- Ongoing education and learning of new programming techniques and technology
- Mentor other members of the Development team
- 4+ years of experience working with popular enterprise programming languages such as Java, C# and/or .NET
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
- Strong understanding of: LINQ, ORM mechanics, application containerization such as Docker or Kubernetes, client-side performance, HTTP protocols, UX industry best practices for mobile, client-side security
- Understanding of: current Web API security patterns such as OAuth2 and OpenID Connect, UI application patterns such as MVC and MVVM, design patterns such as Dependency Injection (DI) and Inversion of Control (IOC), SOLID principals
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) STEM degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with: configuring cloud-based environments (AWS) for dev through production, working and securing PII and GDPR data, performance and environment scaling experience
- Experience working with xUnit unit testing library and complementing patterns, web UI for Microsoft Surface Pro and Honeywell CT60, POS UI design or touch oriented design, unit testing libraries such as Jasmin
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.