New York – New York, NY 10016 US (Primary)
FactSet’s product suite of smart analytics and unique data empower the world’s leading financial service professionals to make more informed decisions every day. At our heart is an inclusive community unified by the spirit of going above and beyond. Our philosophy is to embrace diversity, and that our best ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time. We continuously look ahead to advance the future and technology of our industry, by rolling up our sleeves to solve tough problems together, and by learning from our successes, as well as our failures.
Being a software engineer at FactSet is to shape the future of investments technology. Our engineers use cutting edge technologies including machine learning, natural language processing, predictive analysis, and cloud computing to solve some of the investment community’s greatest challenges – relying every step of the way on some of our most creative minds to create sleek and intuitive UIs that make our products among the industry’s easiest to use.
We’re looking for hard-working and out-of-the-box thinkers from all software engineering disciplines to bring new perspective and fresh ideas to our team. Engineers are aligned with specific teams where they design and implement applications for integration within the FactSet product suite and deployment to investment professionals worldwide.
Our engineers find the right balance between FactSet’s flexible environment where everyone can contribute individually, yet at the same time cultivate a community where they can depend on each other for help, learning, and development.
– BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
– Experience programming with C++ or another OOP language (Java, C#, etc.)
– Desire to both design and implement reliable and superior software
– Thorough understanding of C/C++ generic programming skills, including STL, boost
– Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and Python
– Windows and Linux programming environments
– Working with and managing a large code base
– Programming in a multi-threaded, distributed environment
Why Life is Better as a FactSetter:
– Secure your future with our discounted employee stock purchase program and 401K matching
– 4 weeks paid time off your first year of employment
– No or low cost medical, dental and vision care
– Free lunch Monday-Thursday, plus a variety of snack and beverages in the office daily
– Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to the CFA, CIPM, CAIA and FRM exams
– Wellness programs including gym discounts and more
– 16 weeks paid parental leave for the primary caregiver (4 weeks for secondary)
– Employee referral bonuses
– And more!
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.