Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at ********, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Vrbo is looking for a Software Engineer to play a role building out solutions and tools that enable our global Sales and Support teams to assist millions of vacation rental owners and traveler customers across the Vrbo platform. We are looking for an adaptable, high performing, motivated, and self-reliant full-stack Software Engineer with a proven track record developing web applications in a services-based cloud architecture, with an adaptable web layer using the latest technologies. What You’ll DoChallenges you can work on:
– Build reusable component-based web UI architectures with React.js
– Develop features relying on event-driven data, microservices, and data science programming models
– Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
– Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of browsers
Who You Are:Requirements:
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
– 3+ years of software development experience developing web applications
– Comfortable collaborating on a cross-functional team including product management, architects, and UI designers
– Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
– Experience with JS frameworks (React.js, Redux, NodeJS, Express, etc.)
– Knowledge/experience of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git, Docker, TeamCity, etc.) a plus
Benefits & Perks:
– Competitive health and insurance benefits
– Competitive salary
– Annual target bonus or commission
– Paid vacation and sick time
– Employee Stock Purchase Program
– Free snacks and beverages
– Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
– Free listing on ********
– Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
– Discounted Metro & Rail pass
– Casual dress code
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, **********, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, *****************, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, **************, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we’ve grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit ************.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.