We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Senior software engineer with minimum 8 years of experience building dynamic web applications on a Java technology stack. Candidate must be willing to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments. Must actively support and contribute to the Agile practices adopted by the development team. Must have a proven history of building responsive web applications and working as a multi-tier developer who can contribute to development efforts on database, server and user interface components. Requirements
– M.S. Computer Science or related field and 15 years of overall related work experience
– Experience building responsive web applications that utilize Ajax and minimize page reloads.
– Experience with user interface frameworks such as Bootstrap, AngularJs and JQuery.
– Web services using REST and SOAP
– Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience.
– Experience working in an Agile environment such as scrum. Participate in stand-ups, retrospectives, planning and other required meetings.
– Knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns.
– Experience using JPA and object/relational mapping libraries such as Hibernate. Understanding of transaction management incorporated by the application server.
– Create unit tests for development code.
– Work with external teams to resolve testing issues and bug fixes.
– Ability to perform data analysis, reporting and data modifications using Toad or SQL Developer.
– Experience tuning database queries and troubleshooting database operations.
– Customer engagement skills and comfortable communicating with product owner.
– Deploying applications to Websphere and Weblogic application servers.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4815
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 1801 North Beauregard Street
Alexandria, VA 22311
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.