ARM – Software Engineer – Boston MA 02451
Search for careers Arm Careers
– Search for careers
– Reward and Benefits
– Graduates and Students
– experienced professionals
– Category 1
– Category 2
– Category 3
– Category 4
– Category 5
– Category 6
– Country 1
– Country 2
– Country 3
– Country 4
– Country 5
Careers at Arm
– Send This Job to a Friend
– View My Account
– Recruitment Enquiries & Support
Recently Viewed Jobs
STRING RESOURCE NOT FOUND: cp.rd.widget.alwayslooking.header
– Job ID #: 15164
– Job Category: Software Engineering
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: Development Solutions
– Department: Development Solutions – Modelling
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: Boston (MA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
As an engineer at Arm, you will work with a dynamic team, rapidly developing innovative technologies, and you will interact with a wide range or organizations within Arm as well with partners and vendors. The Development Solutions Groups create and enable software tools that improve Arm System Performance, productivity and time to market.
A member of the DSG organization, Cycle Models team is based in Boston, Massachusetts. This team creates tools which play a vital part in IP selection process and are at the heart of leading-edge SoC design flows throughout the world. You will be working alongside world class developers and be empowered to help them succeed.
If you join the team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute and engage with engineers from different disciplines and customers to bring new products to the market. You could be designing, implementing and testing new software models and tooling solutions.
What will you be accountable for?
– You will be involved with all phases of development process from initial requirement analysis, specification, and task breakdown through delivery.
– You will drive software development practices for premier efficiency, quality and predictability
– You will deliver and maintain production quality software using agile development process
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
– Minimum 1-3 years of experience in all parts of software product development cycle including design, specification, coding, testing and debugging
– Strong programming skills, preferably in C++ or Python
– Working knowledge of software development practices including agile environment
– Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills to root cause complex problems and show expected improvements
– Being able to clearly communicate requirements and solutions for complicated technical problems
– Enthusiastic and self-motivated about software development
What would give you an edge?
We would like to talk with you, if:
– You have experience with or knowledge of the ARM architecture and ARM AMBA protocols
– You have good understanding and/or experience with the SystemC simulation environment including transaction level modeling
– You have a drive for continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
– No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
– Information is crucial, share it
– Realize that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
– Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
– Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
– Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
– The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
– Be quirky not egocentric
– Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
– Make trust our default position
– Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ********************
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Boston office houses the cycle model team, multiple engineering groups along with sales and marketing personnel. Considered a cradle of the American Revolution, this historic seaport city is a city with a rabid sports scene, including the Boston Red Sox, winners of the 2013 World Series. It is also home to numerous prestigious institution of higher learning including Harvard and MIT.
Boston, MA USA
100 5th Avenue, Suite 5010
Waltham, MA 02451
Related Jobs Boston (MA)
Related Jobs Development Solutions – Modelling
– Company Profile
– Our Offices
– Find us on LinkedIn
– Find us on Glassdoor
– Follow us on Twitter
– Find us on Google plus
– Find us on Youtube
– Find us on Instagram
– Find us on Pinterest
All Rights Reserved. ARM Ltd. 1995 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.