Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
A Software Engineer in support of development, integration, test and support of on and off board Naval aircraft, rotary wing and unmanned air vehicle systems for the Naval Air Warfare Center – Aircraft Division (NAWC-AD) located primarily at NAS Patuxent River, MD.
– Designs and develops software applications.
– Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process.
– Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
– Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
– Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
– Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
– Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products. #CJPOST
– Software development in a structured environment
– Proficient use of programming languages and development tool sets (examples C++, SQL, Python, Rhapsody)
– Software component/unit test, integration and debugging
– Requirements analysis and traceability
– Configuration and document management
– Software Metrics and Development Artifacts experience (independent assessment/CMMI standards)
– Architecture and interface design experience desired (examples MagicDraw, Matlab/Simulink)
– Model based systems engineering experience to support hardware in the loop integration desired (examples DODAF, UPDM, SysML)
– An active secret clearance is required.
Patuxent River, Maryland, United States
US Citizenship Required
Clearance Level Required
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.