Summary:The Software Engineer engages in a variety of analytical and programming assignments that facilitate the development, enhancement, and maintenance of software applications and operating systems, as related to Heartland ECSI’s client server and web environments. This includes the testing, implementation and documentation of developed code(s) in a manner consistent with Production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Participate in the analysis effort to derive system requirements to meet business objectives as defined by customers
– Develops and prepares documents for the design of solutions that meet customer, system and security requirements
– Develop code in accordance with the design to meet customer requirements
– Conduct unit testing of application code to ensure it produces the intended results
– Conduct system integration testing of application code to ensure it produces the intended results and to ensure the changes do not adversely impact the intended results of the overall application system
– Conduct system performance testing to ensure the implementation of code changes does not adversely impact the overall performance of the application system
– Creates program ‘builds’ to implement new programs and program changes into the Production environment
– Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections for future reference
– Writes documentation for Operations to describe installation and operating procedures
– Assists customers to solve operating problems by recreating steps taken by the customer to identify root cause and to develop program fixes to correct errors
– Develops time estimates for systems development and upgrades to existing systems
– Takes opportunity to keep current with new technology trends and seeks education necessary to learn and apply new skills
– Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of their assignments
– Participates in post mortems and create recommendations to eliminate future application errors
– Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures
– Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate
– All other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
– C# Programming Language
– MVC5 framework,
– Microsoft Reporting Services,
– Team Foundation Server
– Micro Focus
– Visual COBOL
– Visual Studio
– Ability to read, analyze, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
– Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
– Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R5550
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Heartland Payment Systems
We began in 1997 with a modest plan: to provide fair, honest and fully disclosed payment solutions to help businesses prosper. Never veering from our roots or our convictions, that plan has taken us and our clients to places most businesses could only dream of. Contact Info
– Warrendale, PA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.