We rely on technology to help move our business forward at Sentry. Therefore, we rely on skilled individuals to combine technical knowledge and creative ideas to help us make improvements. Our goal is to provide leading information, data processing, communications, process enhancements, and systems to support the business and management activities. You can contribute with an ability to solve business problems, learn new technologies and critically think about the long-term implications of technical decisions. This position may be filled as a Software Developer or Software Engineer depending on the related experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
We set up for future technology changes and need associates to help us get there. If your passion lies in ongoing technical learning and making positive contributions to the team, then this is a great opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will contribute to the Commercial Lines Customer Agile/Scrum team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the solution development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding and testing. Additionally, you will:
– Analyze business processes and requests to provide estimates, develop and deliver solutions per the project methodology.
– Demonstrate willingness to learn the business domain and use knowledge to enhance work products.
– Expand job knowledge through assignments, collaboration with associates, participates in training and development opportunities, maintains personal networks, participates in professional organizations.
– Focus on application quality from the design phase, includes manual and automated testing.
– Apply security and programming standards (e.g., performance, reliability, maintainability) and participates in code reviews to ensure quality.
What it Takes
What you can bring to the table to be considered for this opportunity:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, web development or equivalent work experience
– 2+ years of related work experience
– Familiarity or proficiency with the following technologies:
– Web Development – *******, C#, MVC, NHibernate
– Web Services – XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP
– SQL Experience – MSSQL
– User interface development experience is preferred
– Strong understanding of insurance and how to apply appropriate solutions to meet business needs
– Understanding of Object Oriented programming languages and concepts
– Familiarity with database design and concepts
– Communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Track record of participating in the design, development and delivery of technical solutions
What You’ll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
– Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
– Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
– 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
– Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
– Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
– Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
– Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
– Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentrymore than 4,000 associateshave various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Stevens Point, WI
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.