Title for Posting
Valves & Measurement
NSAM (North & South America)
As the demand for energy increases so does our need for motivated
talent to meet the engineering and technical challenges of today s
upstream oil and gas business. Cameron, including the OneSubsea
technology segment have numerous career opportunities that will let
you prove your abilities from your first day and throughout your
career, and beyond into the wider world of Schlumberger.
Schlumberger is the world s leading supplier of technology, integrated
project management and information solutions to customers working in
the oil and gas industry worldwide. Within Schlumberger, the Cameron
group provides a complete range of flow control equipment and services
for onshore and offshore drilling rig systems, and production systems
for conventional and unconventional applications; separation,
processing, and treatment systems. The OneSubsea technology segment
extends this capability to subsea production, measurement and
Our V&M segment includes businesses that provide valves and
measurement systems primarily used to control, direct and measure the
flow of oil and gas from individual wellheads through flow lines,
gathering lines and transmission systems to refineries, petrochemical
plants and other fluid processors. V&M s product line offers many
kinds of specialized valves as well as sophisticated measurement
products including totalizers, meters and sampling systems. Because
many of its products are highly technical, V&M s marketing effort is
supported by a collaboration of engineering specialists.
The Software Engineer implements and maintains new or improved
* Provides innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions
according to the project technical objectives and within the
project timeline and other constraints.
* Keeps up to date on software technology and process.
* Will progressively, with increasing experience and seniority
supervise and mentor engineers, and participate in activities to
define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as
knowledge sharing activities in the local and global community.
* Participates in all phases of the software development life-cycle.
* Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing
Minimum Job Qualifications
* BS / MS / PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience
* Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience for external hire
to be considered for a Senior Level.
* Experience in software testing/development preferred.
* Programming languages – Knowledge of industry development
environments and frameworks
* Product development & build process
* Understanding of business strategy
* Presentation skills
* Review and design methods
* Software estimation
* Software Lifecycle Management Process
* Project management
* Quality management
* Process implementation and improvement
* Community involvement Mentoring (Senior Software Engineer I and
* Leadership (Senior Software Engineer I and above)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.