Tracking Code CBID-18-1187-F
Job Code 18-1187
Posting Title Software Engineer
Post Date 7/5/2018
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description SOFTWARE ENGINEER – WEB / VIRTUAL (CBID-18-1184-F)
Bowhead seeks a Software Engineer specializing in virtual and web program development. Base operation for this position is in Huntsville, Alabama, but remote work is available with occasional travel (less than 25%).
Essential functions may include:
– Contribute to the development of new features and resolve existing defects.
– Create software requirements/technical specifications, implement, test, and deploy software code.
– May perform independent software verification.
Hiring Immediately – Click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply. Contact ********************************* with additional questions. No solicitation or third party applications accepted.
Requirements Requirements for this opportunity begin with an engineer that is a self-starter, possessing a can-do attitude, who is willing to take ownership and help grow the capabilities of our growing engineering team. Specific requirements include:
– Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
– Strong knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and Design Patterns is required.
– Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
– Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
– Web development experience using React or other JS framework.
– Strong analytical/debugging and software test skills.
– Experience in object-oriented software development using C/C++/C#, Java or other languages.
– Familiarity with Git or other version control system.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level or higher. Recently expired security clearance may be considered. US Citizenship is a requirement to access information at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at *****************, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (******************************************************
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to :
– Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
– Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
– The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.