Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Engineer position located in Southwest Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Software Engineer will support cloud applications for the ATF contract. This contract includes major feature additions to the currently migrated applications, production support, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, engineers and QA analysts responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
- Participate in design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements
- Evaluate systems architectures and code for performance and security issues and suggest best practice remediation approaches to ensure highly performant and secure deployed applications.
- You will work to develop core functionality for existing systems, create and execute unit tests, and assist with deployment of new software to the user community.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures following software best practices
- Work prioritized tasks from implementation through test and deployment during each Agile Sprint period.
- Collaborate with other software developers, QA analysts, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
- Provide team leads with technical expertise and schedule recommendations, updates and risk management approaches to ensure development activities proceed as needed
- Mentor junior Software Developers.
- Bachelors’ degree and 4+ years of experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as C# or Java
- Deeply experienced with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, SOAP
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database design data modeling and SQL
- Ability to research technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum development methodologies and processes
- Previous experience with code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Familiarity with cloud technology environments
- Design and development of web services experience
- Previous cross browser development experience.
Pay Range $78,000.00 – $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.