We are seeking an Android Developer to join our Advanced Applications Engineering group which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile television experiences that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. Position title will be based on experience and technical proficiency.
On our team, we collaborate with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for Android apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You are encouraged to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a great teammate, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Strong experience Java is required. Kotlin experience is bonus.
- Knowledge of Android libraries and frameworks such as RxJava and Dagger preferred.
- Strong background in architectural styles and patterns (MVP and MVC) is helpful.
- Experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Experience crafting mobile applications for a wide variety of devices and Android OS versions
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.