Autopilot is of critical importance to Tesla’s mission. It is safer, makes driving more enjoyable, and will ultimately deliver on the promise of self-driving cars. As a member of Tesla’s Autopilot Simulation team, you will be in a unique position to accelerate the pace at which Autopilot improves over time. The main ways in which the simulation team realizes this include:
- Building tools that enable Autopilot software developers to perform virtual test drives instead of real ones.
- Testing all Autopilot software releases for regressive behavior.
- Generating synthetic data sets for neural network training.
As an Autopilot Simulation Engineer, you will contribute to the development of the simulation by building models and simulation tools that are capable to virtually prototype the system for fast, iterative development and robust validation. Your responsibilities will be split between feature creation and tool development to allow for quicker workflow across the Autopilot team.
- Contributing to the development of a modular, scalable simulation platform.
- Work with all members of the Autopilot team to understand the simulation requirements and develop tools to meet those needs.
- Keep up to date with the latest research/technologies in the fields of autonomous driving and simulation.
- Contribute to team member development through leadership.
- Excellent software development skills in C++ & Python.
- Experience developing and delivering applications/simulation tools in an engineering application.
- Strong mathematical skills including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Comfortable developing with Linux & Git.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills.
- Desirable to have experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Desirable to have experience in modeling one or more of: vehicle dynamics, sensors, control systems, stochastic systems.
- Desirable to have experience of hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.