Posting date 6 hours ago(6/22/2018 3:38 AM)
Job ID 61770
Category Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Design and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) solutions for containers and virtual machines. Red Hat’s Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join the KubeVirt project in Boston, MA. In this role, you will contribute to innovative technologies like Kubernetes, OpenShift by Red Hat, libvirt, and QEMU. As part of a geographically distributed team, you’ll collaborate with multiple Red Hat engineering teams and open source communities around the globe. As a Software Engineer, you’ll need to be motivated and curious and have passion for problem-solving, Linux technologies, and open source.
Primary job responsibilities
* Play an active role in container and virtualization-related projects and communities like KubeVirt, Kubernetes, OpenShift by Red Hat, libvirt, and QEMU
* Create and guide CI and CD process with development; contribute to open source projects
* Submit patches for bug fixes to the community and review patches from other members
* Work with the Quality Engineering (QE) team to ensure that projects are tested correctly
* Publicize the team’s work through blogs, web postings, or conference talks
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent working experience
* Interest in the container ecosystem (Kubernetes and OpenShift by Red Hat) and Golang
* 3+ years of experience in a Linux environment with at least one language like Golang, Python, Java, or C or C++
* Experience with Linux system programming
* Motivated with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English
* Experience in networking and storage protocols (NFS and iSCSI) is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.