As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position identifies and analyzes problems in a software system and helps architect solutions. The ideal candidate will take ownership of solution implementations and will play the role of developer advocate for the Meijer Digital Team. The Software Engineer will work as a member of an Agile team and works with the entire team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria. This position works with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
*Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available – Must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate (relocation assistance available).
- Remote Option: Work remote M–F, AND be available as needed to attend occasional on-site meetings as required at Meijer corporate offices in (Grand Rapids) Walker, MI.
- Hybrid Option: Work office M-W, work remote Th-F
What You'll be Doing:
- Codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Analyzes existing systems and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation or updating of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes ITIL best practices.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master.
- Participates with other IT members, customers and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience required.
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Experience developing interactive applications.
- Experience developing web applications using at least one web framework (Adobe Experience Manager, SAP Hybris, or .NET).
- Experience building web applications in at least one serverless cloud infrastructure (Azure or Google Cloud).
- Experience using Git in a highly distributed team asynchronously.
- SAFe / agile certifications or relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with business systems.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Knowledge of database management and file access methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.