We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Software Engineer to join our team at FT. Belvoir, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will perform programming, research, analysis, and provide support for the Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS) projects for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
Performs research, analysis, and programming support to write code in Visual Studio C# and modify existing ColdFusion, Flash and ActionScript functionality.
– Perform software engineering and integration in accordance with all applicable DTRA and DoD standards, industry best practices and conventions, and in compliance with DoD standard architectures and interoperability/supportability requirements tailored for the DSMS programs
– For DSMS legacy system, develop/modify application modules using ColdFusion, Flash and ActionScript (1 or 2) to support new functionality as required by the users.
– For DIAMONDS Next Generation, develop/modify application modules using Visual Studio C#, CSS, JQuery, HTML, frameworks and other web technologies to support new functionality required by the users.
– Analyzes and modifies existing database SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures and generate new stored procedures as required.
– Participates in software and database design analysis.
– Assists with analysis and documentation of user requirements.
– Participates in peer reviews and mentoring activities within the development team.
– Performs unit testing of individual modules prior to it being released to the Quality Assurance team.
– Create/update documentation for all work performed.
– Performs all other work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Advanced degree of analytical ability.
– Knowledge of CMMI policy and procedures for software development
– Advanced skills in problem solving.
– Advanced skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Intermediate skills in database design and concepts.
Minimum Education and Experience:
– B.S. Degree required; or direct work experience may substitute for education. (1 year experience = 1 year education).
– Three to four (3-4) years of experience providing software development support.
– Current COMP TIA Security+ CE cert (or better), CSSLP Cert preferred
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4323
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– Detic 8725
Fort Belvoir, VA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.