Job ID: ********-11136-MS Company Name: AER
Atmospheric and Environmental Research (AER) is seeking a motivated individual to work as part of an energetic team developing complex software for multiple Dept. of Defense and commercial programs providing solutions to real-world problems related to space weather impacts on operations. The successful applicant will interact closely with scientists, product developers and engineers in an agile development process to rapidly design, develop, test, integrate and deploy software capabilities with a DevOps mindset. The position requires both new software development and ability to adapt/extend existing codes. New development will be mainly in C++ and Python but existing code also includes C and FORTRAN. Candidates must have a BS degree in computer science, software development, mathematics or sciences involving programming. A successful applicant will have demonstrated the ability to develop quality software for science or engineering applications and to rapidly learn new problem domains and software technologies. Strong technical and communication skills, teamwork, and problem solving in a fast-paced R & D environment are required.
The following are required:
1) Strong C, Java and Python programming skills.
2) Development experience in a Linux environment.
3) Command of the Linux shell environment including scripting in Bash and C-shell.
4) Extensive familiarity with the GNU tool chain.
5) Demonstrated experience in software development of scientific, geospatial or engineering applications.
6) Understand the software lifecycle and experience in the use of software process tools including source control (Git, Subversion)
7) Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for rapidly learning and applying new software technologies to complex problems.
The following are desired:
1) High performance computing and code optimization, including experience in multithreading and multiprocessing applications
2) Interest in remote sensing/satellites, physics, meteorology, or other geophysical sciences
3) Web development using a variety of server and client frameworks such as SOAP and REST
These positions are open to US citizens and successful applicants must have the ability to obtain a DoD secret level clearance. AER offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Job Type Full Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.