Discretionary Business Title
Software Engineer II
LISLE-WESTERN, IL – Lisle, IL 60532 US (Primary)
Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
LGS is seeking a Software Engineer II, under general direction, design, develop, troubleshoot and analyze embedded and application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
– Design, develop, test and maintain real-time embedded and application software on custom sensor and wireless communications systems
– Design, develop and execute automated test routines
– Optimize software to meet real-time requirements
– Understand customer requirements to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
– Perform systems modeling, simulation and analysis
– Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
– Support system and field testing as required
– Document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions
Advise hardware design engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed and input/output requirements
As required, provide inputs for documentation of new or existing programs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
– Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
– Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
– Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH & S policies and procedures
– Perform other duties as required
– If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
– Work is typically performed in an office and field environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
– A minimum of 2 years of related experience
– Experience developing software for real-time environments
– Experience with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
– Experience with multiple programming methods and languages,
– Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Python, BASH
– Experience developing in the Linux environment and implementing Linux applications
developing APIs for command and control over unreliable communications links
– Familiarity with communication theory, wireless protocols, and control theory
– Familiarity with embedded software that controls hardware (e.g. device drivers, microcontrollers)
– Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
– Excellent communication skills
– Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 2-4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
– Experience operating in an Agile environment, Scrum experience
Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Comfortable working in a multi-location working environment
Familiarity with wireless protocols such as 802.11 and 802.15
Familiarity with networking protocols including UDP and TCP
Familiarity with distributed computing theories and practices
Familiarity with linear algebra
Familiarity with RF theory
LGS Innovations delivers mission-critical communications products, R & D, and supporting services to U.S. defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies and commercial customers around the world. We create advanced solutions in wireless communications, signals processing and analysis, optical networking, photonics, routing and switching, and spectrum management. These solutions drive mission success in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), cyberspace operations, and network assurance. LGS Innovations is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices across the U.S. and overseas. We employ over 1,000 associates around the world, including 750 scientists and engineers. LGS Innovations: Listen. Innovate. Deliver. **********************. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave. For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at ************************************** Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled ******************** E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.