Discretionary Business Title
UI Development Engineer
Software Engineer II
WESTMINSTER, CO – Westminster, CO 80021 US (Primary)
Ability to obtain a government security clearance
Under general direction, design and implement a mixture of real-time embedded and application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Implement web application software that controls high-tech, specialized cellular systems
– Design simple, intuitive user experiences that govern customer solutions
– Design, implement and test associated web applications and user interface
– Interact with product development teams, project managers and partners
– Prioritize work including meeting schedules, identifying risks and delivering high quality software
– Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
– Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH & S policies and procedures
– Perform other duties as required
– Obtain/Retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
Skills and Knowledge:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 2-4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education and experience
– Experience in an Agile development environment
– Engineering experience in delivering software solutions utilizing
o C++ or Java
o Object oriented design and concepts
– User Interface design and usability knowledge
– Exposure to cross-platform web applications
– Development experience in Windows, Linux & /or Unix environments
Minimum Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 2-4 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
– Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
– The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
– Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member
– Flexibility to adapt to new and changing environments
– Responsive layout experience
– Backend implementation knowledge and experience
– Familiarity of cellular communications (e.g. CDMA, LTE) and embedded application development
– Usability, testing and troubleshooting user interface with embedded systems
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.