DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
We are seeking a Software Engineer for our Cheyenne, WY or Superior, CO office.
Our team works closely with engineering and technical broadcast teams to learn their business, and with that knowledge, we create or enhance software systems that empower those teams. The software we provide is focused on the real-time monitoring of over 6000 TV channels and the systems involved in producing and delivering a DVB television service. As a teammate on our agile software team, you will participate in the design, creation, and support of these systems.
Examples of our systems include:
- The validation of 600 MPEG transport streams, including bit rate, CC errors, and other content issues.
- The remote monitoring of the RF satellite transports.
- The acquisition of our broadcast TV channels and its transport to remote monitoring centers.
- The tracking of outages and issues that occur on our broadcast channels.
A successful software engineer will have the following:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering or other technical (STEM) field, or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to take on difficult engineering challenges.
- At least 6 months of experience in software development using Java, C#, Erlang or other related languages. (including academic experience)
- Two or more years of experience in software development using Java, C#, Erlang or other related languages.
- Experience building scalable software in a distributed, service oriented architecture.
- The ability and discipline to write clean and highly performant code.
- The ability to participate in design discussions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work with minimal direction and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- The ability to keep abreast of technologies and paradigms and recognize when they can benefit the business and the software team.
- The ability to learn and work with various languages and platforms as needed.
- Understanding of distributed software systems, asynchronous messaging, and RESTful Web Services.
- Working knowledge of digital broadcasting technologies like DVB, MPEG2 or MPEG4.
- Familiarity with the agile software development methodology.
The person in this position will be in an office environment located on-site, within our corporate offices. Must be able remain in a stationary position at a desk, operating a computer, for 8 hours per day and work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work to meet deadlines or solve problems
- Will participate in an 24×7 on-call rotation, supporting customers and resolving problems with software/hardware systems
- Occasionally move and install Audio/Visual/Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, into equipment racks or lab areas
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Compensation: $55,800.00/Year – $76,900.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.