We get it. You've got these amazing technical instincts, and you'd like to put them to work. Why wouldn't you, when you have the knowhow to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for each job you encounter. Your love for learning drives you to always stay in-step with the right tools to get things done and done right.
If this sounds a lot like you, then you might be a solid fit for an opportunity at Cox Automotive as a Software Engineer II .
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and powerhouse brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, the positive change we envision for the automotive industry is being driven by our software innovations.
We've got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing creations.
And now, we're working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment
where we lift each other up and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
As a part of our Software Engineer team, you'll develop cutting-edge web & mobile applications that the auto industry around the globe will use and love. You'll bring websites and apps to life with your sharpened skills, taking our designers' visions and using modern technologies to turn them into realities.
You'll work alongside our technical architects and leads as part of a tremendous team that tackles projects for end consumers and global auto manufacturers. They'll look to you to deliver on several fronts, including:
- Developing and delivering an amazing range of high profile, accessible and compliant web and mobile projects
- Work with teammates and tech resources to discover the technical solutions that meet our business requirements
- Work with some of the most innovative technologies in the business, like Bootstrap, Angular, Typescript, Java (Spring Boot, Groovy, Grails), Node, Git, Terraform, AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Aurora, etc.) and so much more
- Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
- Perform unit testing during the code development process
- Contribute to the evolution of our best practices, and ID suitable new tools, as well as system and service improvements
- Perform complex application programming activities using the latest technologies
- Create scalable, accessible, and effective features across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types.
- Collaborate with our Product Owners, Designers, and other developers to find the best solutions under the sun, then deliver them to our production team.
What's In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox's highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, it's our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It's also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, you'll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know you're always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, you'll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports.
- You'll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us, and we strive to bring out the best in everyone. Our beliefs, our ways of working and lifting each other up, our knowledge, and our commitment to people and purpose all form a cultural fabric that is remarkably flexible, but extraordinarily strong.
- You'll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We don't believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- And you'll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but it's true. Across the Cox family of businesses, we've launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships and employee volunteer opportunities.
You're someone who understands great things never came out of comfort zones. You've got strong analytical skills and believe in taking action to make things happen. The world is changing fast, and your grit, gray matter and grace will be essential to our success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years experience
- Familiarity with full web stacks, single page applications and microservice architecture, as well as developing internal business applications and business integration.
- You can create a clear path forward when things get a bit ambiguous. You value – and demonstrate – traits like agility, responsiveness, and dependability. And you never confuse confidence with ego, a refreshing quality that your collaborators always appreciate.
- You love working with the most innovative engineering technologies, like Bootstrap, Angular, Typescript, Node, Java, Spring Boot, Groovy, Grails, AWS, and Microservices. You're also excited about the prospect of working in a startup environment on projects that will be used by both end consumers and employees of the largest automobile manufacturers around the world.
- Knowledge of how to implement API and integration technologies in a distributed, enterprise-class environment using a combination of technologies.
- Experience in cloud hosting, security architecture, distributed computing, and developer operations (Linux Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Ansible, etc.)
- You're seasoned in Agile development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.