Our Software Engineering teams are key disruptors. We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
We currently have multiple opportunities within our Technology teams at the Software Engineer II level. Your skillset will be considered for the following teams:
- Marketing Athlete Record
- Logistics (potential remote opportunity)
Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. Ideally, you’ll have experience in at least 2 of them.
- .NET core, Java Spring Boot, Angular, React, SQL
As a Software Engineer II at DICK’s you will:
- Bring at least 3 to 5 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
At DICK’s you won’t:
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
If you’re excited about joining the DSG team, we’d love to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.