CLX Engineering has an immediate opportunity for a strong Software Engineer II with quality experience in controls and automation. The successful candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented, and enjoy a challenging work environment. Our SW Engineer II analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to develop automation systems control configuration. They develop the functional specifications, coding strategy, logic, and control figuration structure. They develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures and oversee all configuration and documentation.
Software Engineer II candidates must have the required technical proficiency and can balance clients need for managing project scope and goals. We expect our candidates to continually grow, develop and help create opportunities for more advancement. Software Engineer IIs will mentor and coach less experienced team members.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications
- Support and/or install software applications/operating systems
- Conduct software inspections, testing, verification and validation. Implement software development and maintenance processes
- Participate in the management, design, decomposition, authoring integration, testing and verification processes in the development of object-oriented software applications in a high availability, high performance computing environment
- Resolve software problem reports; utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Plan and coordinate peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members
CLX Engineering is a leading controls system integrator with locations in Sanford, Florida. We have over 160 years combined experience in industrial controls including:
- Baggage Handling Systems over 60 U.S. airports BHS, EDS interfacing and TSA requirements
- Food and Beverage and Pharmaceutical FDA/ISO standards
- Entertainment Industry Show System and Safety Controls for ride and show systems at major theme parks
- Oil and Gas including fracking sand plants and international projects
- Material Handling and Production Facilities
- CLX Engineering has UL508A Panel Shop with in-house capabilities to produce any size custom or production run control panels.
Employees at CLX Engineering enjoy benefits such as:
- Healthcare including medical, dental and vision
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off hours equaling 3 weeks and 9 holidays
- 401K eligibility
- Education reimbursement after a year of successful performance
- We are moving into a brand-new facility in the fall of 2019 that includes easy parking and an on-property gym
- Core work hours with flexibility in daily arrival and departure
- Robust employee reward, recognition and incentive programs
CLX Engineering is excited about welcoming employees who want to develop their careers and continually improve. If you think you have what it takes apply today!
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field with 5+ years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must be proficient with multiple programming languages: Java and/ or C++ / C# / Visual Basic / Visual Studio .NET required
- Full working knowledge of XML, XML schemas, HTML, DHTML, and CSS
- Must have knowledge in T-SQL and using MS SQL Database to build large-scale applications
- Must have hands on experience in Full lifecycle software engineering including design, architecture, development, test and support
- Knowledge of networking, system administration, high performance file systems and hardware maintenance are a plus
- Must be able to provide accurate documentation of the design and operation of software components
- Organization skills, attention to details, self-sufficiency, analytical thinking and focus on quality are required
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- MS degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in development of mobile applications for IOS, Android OS, and Windows platforms is a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience writing C# Applications in industrial controls environment
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.